Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase a Ford Power Equipment product?
For a list of official authorised Ford Power Equipment dealers please visit our find a dealer page.
What does the warranty cover?
The Ford Power Equipment Warranty is a 1 year warranty for domestic use and a 1 year warranty for commercial use. The warranty covers parts and labour which is amongst the best available in the UK. For more details please refer to the owner's manual.
How do I register my warranty?
You can register your warranty online on our register warranty page.
How long will my Ford Power Equipment product last?
All Ford Power Equipment products come with a 1 year warranty for domestic use and 1 year warranty for commercial use. However with the correct service intervals and care a Ford Power Equipment product can last 10 plus years.
To increase the lifetime of your Ford Power Equipment product it is important to carry out the following:
- Choose the correct product for the job. Constantly overloading a generator will cause it to fail much sooner than normal wear and tear.
- Take time to read and follow the instruction manual before first use.
- Use the correct oil and fuel.
- Store your Ford Power Equipment product correctly. If you use in intervals of 4 weeks or more this is vital. See instruction manual for more details.
- Service your Ford Power Equipment product at regular intervals.
Where can I locate original Ford Power Equipment parts?
Ford Power Equipment parts are available from our dealers nationwide, for your nearest dealer please visit our find a dealer page.
Where can I find a replacement owners instruction manual?
Owner instructions manuals can be downloaded by browsing the Ford Power Equipment online catalogue and visiting the download section for the desired product.
My Ford Power Equipment product has been delivered but won't start, what now?
All products supplied by Ford Power Equipment have been tested by our pre-dispatch inspection team. However if you can't get your generator started please check the following:
- Ford engines have a low oil alert light which shuts down the engine automatically when the oil level is low. Does the low oil lamp indicate that the oil level is low? Check the oil level and if it is low please add some oil to the correct level. You will need to add oil before the first use of your Ford Power Equipment product.
- Although tested by our pre-dispatch inspection team and run briefly, the fuel is then be drained correctly from the machine before dispatch. This means that upon first use you will need to add fuel to your Ford Power Equipment product. If you have not done this please do and try to start the generator once more.
What fuel should I use?
Fuel type varies between products, please refer to your owner's instruction manual.
What oil should I use?
Oil type varies between products, please refer to your owner's instruction manual.
How does the oil lamp work?
It turns red when the engine oil is below the proper level, however for the first time users still need to make sure to add the oil before you start the product.
Can I use my generator on construction sites?
Most Ford Power Equipment generators can be used on construction sites. Please check the individual generators specifications for any 110v socket.
What is an AVR generator?
Automatic voltage regulators (AVR) are used to stabilise the output voltage to protect the generator from overloading connected devices. This protects damage to sensitive equipment such as computers.